‘Tis the season of holly and jolly, AKA food and cocktails! I wanted to take the time to share my favorite holiday appetizer recipe with you, along with my go-to festive cocktail. Along with food and drinks, the holidays are all about being together with friends and family. Our schedules are booked with party after party, and outfit after outfit. My favorite top for this season is this bright red chiffon blouse with the coolest sleeves ever! You’re sure to stand out, all while keeping it fun and flirty with the sleeves. Pair this beauty with black jeans or leggings. You could stick with a solid black, or you could venture out and spice it up with distressing, holes at the knees, or black velvet! Add a necklace, stack of bracelets, or statement earrings for some much-needed bling, and top it off with a bomb pair of pumps. I would stick in the neutral range of black, nude or gray to keep the focus on the vibrant shirt. Merry merry!
This Pinecone Cheese Ball appetizer has been a family-favorite since the 70’s! It’s a festive and yummy appetizer for all your holiday parties.
● 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
● ½ cup light mayonnaise
● 5 strips of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
● 1 Tbsp diced green onion
● 1 tsp chopped fresh dill weed
● 1/8 tsp pepper
● 1¼ cup whole almonds – I like to use Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
● Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
1. Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise and mix well in food processor or blender.
2. Stir in the cooked, crumbled bacon, green onion, dill weed and pepper.
3. Cover and chill overnight.
4. Shape the cheese mixture into two small pine cones on a cool festive serving plate.
5. Starting at the narrow end, place almonds into the cheese on a slight angle, forming rows.
6. Garnish with rosemary twigs to resemble pine needles.
7. Serve with crackers and holiday grapes.
Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail is my favorite to make for the holidays because of it's festive cheer and tasty goodness! This is an easy 3 ingredient cocktail that is beautiful and always a hit!
· 1 ounce chilled pomegranate juice or chilled cranberry juice (2 tablespoons)
· 3 ounces chilled champagne (6 tablespoons)
· 1 teaspoon pomegranate seeds
Pour the pomegranate juice into a champagne flute. Slowly add champagne. Garnish with pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately. Makes 1 serving. Cheers!